Monday, February 20, 2012

Still Waiting

I wish I had earth shattering news on the timeline front, but the sad reality is that we are still waiting!  We did get our Article 5 picked up on the 8th, so we are now on day 12 of the wait for TA (travel approval).  Once we get that we actually make our plans and leave within 2-3 weeks to go to China.  So we're getting there but in all honesty this last bit of waiting is the worst.  People have asked me if I'm excited and I guess I am but I really feel more anxious than anything.  Playing this waiting game brings out the worrier in me (not hard to do).  I worry about Leah's development, her health, her safety, if she is being loved, if she is eating, if she is growing, if she is learning new things....if she will love us.  I worry about people welcoming Leah and accepting her.  I worry about being the mother of children ages 7, 4, 2, and 1.  I worry about adjusting to a new, more hectic life with four kids--one who may view us as strangers who took her away from everything she has ever known.  I worry about leaving my boys for two weeks while we're in China.

All that aside though, deep down I am excited.  I know this is the right thing, and though it won't be a cake walk, this process has already brought incredible blessings and increased love to our family.  I'm excited to see and hold my baby girl for the first time.  I'm excited for her to have a mom, dad, brothers, family, friends who love her.  I'm excited for her to experience the love and security that comes from having a family.  I'm excited for her to know unconditional love.  I'm excited to experience some firsts with her.  I'm excited to watch my boys with their little sister.  I'm excited to experience the love and joy that only a new addition to the family--particularly one that is adopted--can bring.

It's now been almost a month without an update and after that flurry of news all at once it's hard to wonder again.  A really bright, fun spot has been receiving the quilt blocks.  In fact, I got a few new ones this past week that aren't pictured here.  Please add to Leah's quilt--I really want family, friends, neighbors...from every part of our life past and present to add to this.  Leah is a little girl who won't have all the memories and souvenirs of her babyhood that most kids do.  This will be something special just for her and no sewing required (for you)!

Check these out...
I'm really hoping to have at least half of the quilt blocks collected before we travel (that means 50)!  Read the sidebar if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Now please keep praying for Leah and our Travel Approval's speedy arrival.  Mentally, I feel like I'm about 10 months pregnant!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, I can not wait for you to get to go and bring your little piece of heaven home! She is truely one lucky girl to get to belong to an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! And thanks for the darling quilt blocks. You are very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete