Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mei Mei


We got another update!  After our three month drought this has been so awesome to get new information.  That seems to be one advantage of her being back in the orphanage.  This is by far my favorite picture yet. Is that not the sweetest face?  I just want to hop on a plane and go scoop her up.  The boys were so excited because she's playing with one of the little toys we sent in her first care package.

This update says she's doing well.  Although she's sitting in the picture it says that she can stand holding onto something, so she's making progress!  I'm prepared for the fact that she most likely won't be mobile (we've never received any information that she can crawl) and may still be quite weak on her feet when we bring her home.  She has gained more weight and is 15 lbs. 13 oz.  Her height measurements were shorter, so either she shrunk or they are off.  I've seen how they measure my babies at the doctor here and it's not an exact science, so it's probably not any better in China.  They described her personality as active.  She has five teeth now, and they are feeding her real food.  It says she eats three meals/day and is eating cake, rice, and chicken.  Cake?  I feel like our prayers are being answered though, and she's growing and getting stronger all the time.  It also says they call her "mei mei" which means "little sister" in Chinese.  She's definitely the mei mei in this family.  It turns out she had an older brother in her foster home as well so hopefully she's ready for some brothers!

Now come on Article 5!  It was held up a week because of Chinese New Year, but I'm expecting it this week.  Then it will be on to wait for Travel Approval.

3 comments:

  1. She's adorable! Love that little nose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just was reading your comment on my blog and clicked over to see yours! It's crazy that our little girls are so close in age and have the same special need! We just got our consulate appointment and will be leaving soon! This part of the wait - the home stretch - is maybe the hardest of the entire process. I thought it would get easier as things got more predictable...nope...

    I hope you hear good news soon about your Article 5!!! Your baby girl is beautiful!!!

    Rebecca
    http://coleman-bunkbeds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the new picture!!! Oh Jen, she is soo adorable and looks so happy! I'm praying these next few steps fly by and she can come home!!

    ReplyDelete