Monday, January 30, 2012

A Glimpse


I happened to check out the Henan Kids International blog this morning, and I got a great surprise.  There was a post about a donation used to buy new bouncy seats for Nanyang babies.  This photo of some babies at the Nanyang LOCC was there.  Well, look at that cute girl sitting up in the background...that's Leah!

I thrive on every little scrap of information about her, so it was great to have this unexpected photo.  Besides seeing her cute face I did learn something from this picture. She's wearing a little fleece jacket I sent in the first care package way back in November.  Our care package did eventually get there, and I can stop cussing my local postal worker!  The clothes we sent then are probably getting too small now, which is a good thing, but I was so hoping the disposable camera and the pictures of our family made it to her.  Let's be honest, Jer and I (especially Jer?) are going to look very strange to her.  She has never seen anything other than Chinese faces and everything about us will be extremely foreign.  We labeled our pictures in the book with Chinese characters for mom, dad, brothers, etc., so I hope her nannies will look at it with her..maybe it will ease her introduction to us just a little.  I know she's never seen anything like Ian's blond hair and blue eyes, so he may be the biggest shock of all once we get home!

2 comments:

  1. how stinking cute is she in that picture?!!! Love! I hope you get your papers back soon so you can go hold that sweet little girls of yours! Prayers always coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture! She looks great! I can't help laugh a little at all their layers. Seriously...I swear it's so they can't move around! Helps keep them in one place! She looks beautiful, can't wait for her to be home with you!!!

    ReplyDelete