Monday, August 6, 2012

Leah Emerges

It's hard to believe that this is the same weak, quiet little girl we brought home just over four months ago. She may be tiny, but she is a force to be reckoned with. These pictures don't do justice to her beauty or spunk. I am amazed each day with the progress she has made but I certainly saw glimpses of this Leah in China. It's embarrassing to admit but although I was head over heels for her from the beginning I had moments of doubt. There were times when I looked at my 16 pound 16 month old who was probably the developmental age of an 8 or 9 month-old-baby, and I let fear grip my heart. Fear for her future and fear of the unknown. At times I lacked faith but deep down I knew from the moment I first met Leah that she was meant to be ours and that she would grow and bloom. She certainly has and it has been such a privilege to be a part of this miraculous process.



The Leah we know today smiles and has the cutest giggle ever.  She loves her brothers and gives affectionate "loves" to her family.  She smiles and claps her hands in delight over the simple things.  She loves Itsy Bitsy Spider and the Brown Bear book.  She is beginning to find her voice.  She is always carrying something around with her little arm and amazes us daily with what she can do.  She loves to dig in sand and splash and be crazy.  She folds her arm for prayers and holds her nose when she's stinky.  She is a dance machine, and it's hard to keep up with those fast feet she gets going to any music.  She is learning how to jump.  She is our daughter and sister and belongs to a family.  We are so blessed!


She is perfect to us.


It's difficult to get a picture of Leah when she's not on the go.  She spends lots of time sitting or doing a deep squat examining things on the ground.  If something down low hasn't caught her attention then she's just on the go.




She had more fun talking on her shoe than actually wearing it, but I did recently find her two really cute  pairs of sandals that fit her barely size three feet.   One pair is squeaky, and she couldn't love them more.  Watch for an upcoming post showing off her new footwear she will actually wear!


No comments:

Post a Comment