Monday, July 23, 2012

Little Bird

My little bird is changing before my eyes, so I finally made the time to go out and take some pictures of her.  My boys went camping with their grandparents and my hubby was out of town this weekend.  That will probably happen again never, so I thought I better take advantage.  I had to break out the notes from my Photo 101 class I took three years ago to refresh my memory a bit. My friend Rose made this sweet doll for Leah when we got back from China, and she loves it. I was so happy to get a picture of her "giving it a love!" For the first time ever I tried editing a photo. I've never done anything beyond cropping or fixing red eye. I have a free trial of LR, so I used that. I downloaded some free presets and even with just those choices it was a bit overwhelming! I had fun though. I would love some criticism (of the constructive variety) about composition, editing and also the backlit shots.  I have a lot to learn.






Ni Hao Yall






I tried playing with these shots a bit, but I wasn't really sure what to do with them.  Some of them are not as focused as I would have liked.  I didn't edit the one above at all.  I tried to get the sun behind her  and play with sun flare a bit but most of those ended up with a blue blob in the picture. My camera is a Nikon D90 with a 50mm f/1.8 lens.




4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment on our blog today. I have been so happy to meet families this way. Your daughter is beautiful and I can tell, just as determined and special as our Jillian Snow. When we were waiting, a friend told me that Jillian would "wow" me everyday...and she seriously does! How old is Leah?? I love your photos and would be glad to offer some tips on the things you mentioned...e-mail me anytime!!

    Thanks again!!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her sweet little feet! Your daughter is beautiful! We too have a special little girl with a similar limb difference and she amazes us more and more each day! What blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a doll baby! Have you thought about sending a pick to Emily Adcox for the Henan Kids calendar? These are beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first two are my absolute fav! These are awesome! Look at you go! Love them!

    ReplyDelete